Hello! Welcome to My Bubble. Most of you have probably heard the expression "their own little bubble" in some variation. This blog is a reflection of mine. Just one girl's ideas, finds, responses to news stories and popular trends, recipes, life, thoughts, and opinions.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thought this was interesting...

:)
Some of you may be aware of this already, but, in the 19th and 20th centuries, baby clothes were all white. If they had any color trimming, pink was used for boys and blue for girls. I had heard this before but never really thought about it, until I read this quote from an edition of The Ladies Home Journal in 1918 "There has been a great diversity of opinion on the subject, but the general accepted rule is pink for the boy and blue for the girl. Pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl." Hhmmm? Times sure do change! I wonder where and how this rule got mixed up?!? It kinda makes me laugh to think of all the guys I know whose favorite color is blue...hhmmm, delicate and dainty...

No comments: